Thursday, July 3, 2014

Vintage Dresser

So a while back we found this old small dresser at a yard sale. The drawer didn't wanna open and the top was just warped from the heat over the years it has to be at least 100 years old. it was beautiful. We ripped off the top and opened to little drawers on the top and found the original pulls and casters!.. So I forgot to take really good before pictures so this is what i have...




Ignore the horrible iphone pictures this is what happens when you rush and forget before pictures! Anyway isn't it beautiful. I knew I could fix it and make it even more beautiful. So after We took the top off we was able to slide the drawer open the slider thing was loose and just needed to be nailed back down. After all that i scraped all the peeling veneer off it so i could sand it down and make it smooth, and then went to lowes and bought a precut piece of wood which still needed to be cut some so I took it to my grandpas workshop and got him to help, he cut the peice a little but smaller and used a nail gun to attach it for me. The top was then stained in dark walnut and used wipe on poly for the top. I painted the bottom in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Old White and did details in Paris Grey and waxed the rest of it. So here is the finished product.



Now it could be a beautiful coffee table its the perfect height for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment