Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Coffee Table

we found this coffee table a while back and the top needed to be nailed and glued back down other than that it didn't have any problems.  I was going to stain the top but the green stain that was on it wouldn't come out, so I had to settle on painting it. Here is the before


Ignore the Halloween table cloth it was raining again! I wanted to give the table a french Swedish kinda of look. So I chose to paint the bottom in a blue/gray/green color then go over it with Annie Sloan chalk paint in french linen and I was going to paint the top in white but it wasnt covering good so I went over it in french linen.


So this is how it came out after everything, did white on the fake drawer part, and left the pulls original, and distressed it so you could see the underneath color, which you can see more below. and I clear waxed and dark waxed it all to make it feel old!




Those drawer pulls are amazing!


1 comment: