Friday, March 25, 2016

Inherited and Re-Loved Vanity

Today I am going to show a make over of a vanity that was given to my mother from my Grandma. It has never been painted but it was pretty rough with veneer coming off the drawer and a lot of scratches and it was just dark and heavy. It was time for a update.


I would have left it stained if it was in great shape, So I sanded down the drawer to smooth down the chipping veneer. 


I choose the colors cheesecake for the base of it and for the mirror and used lazy linen on the drawer. It all received two coats of paint and was heavily distressed in places where natural wear would have been to make it have that old feel again. 


I finished the whole piece in natural wax. 


I wasn't worried about the dings in the wood that just helps add to the charm and leaves the history of the piece there and still lets it be old even with any new painted added to it.


I also left the knobs original to the piece they were already the perfect color.

What do y'all think about it?






5 comments:

  1. Love everything about this beautiful vanity from the colour choices to the hardware! Thanks so much for sharing at Friday's Furniture Fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and that you gave this a new a pretty life again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that vanity turned out INCREDIBLE great work!!

    ReplyDelete