Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Little Grey Chair and Candy Corn

Today I am going to show you a before and after of a little chair I found at the thrift store along with a just a few little fall photos that I took.


So here is how the Chair Started out just ugly brown color with the finish coming off the chair, it needed a little love

Ignore messy garage please!






Now here is how the chair turned out




I used a can of flat paint I got at Lowe's on sale and turned it into chalk paint using plaster of paris and a little bit of water. I did 2 full coats, the first coat was darker then I added a little white paint to what I had mixed to make the top coat a little lighter , then used a little sanding sponge to get the distressing. Love how it turned out. Even my little pumpkins sign that I just sanded down and used chalk to write pumpkins and hand painted it and added some antiquing gel and sanded it down to look old!


Here is some of the other pictures I took the same day just playing around and doing some fall photos. Also one of the things I love is Ironstone. It's just beautiful and has great crazing from being old. And who doesn't love candy corn!




Don't y'all just love fall? 


No comments:

Post a Comment